Thursday, July 06, 2006


Well, it's official. Our President is a certifiable loon. In case you aren’t aware of it, Human Events Online is a source for news and commentary for the ultra right-wingers. They boast a list of contributors, authors and columnists that include the likes of Ann Coulter, Newt Gingrich, Robert Novak, Pat Buchanan and John Hawkins. Well, according to an article published on June 12, the Bush administration is “advancing the plan to build a huge NAFTA Super Highway, four football-fields-wide, through the heart of the U.S. along Interstate 35, from the Mexican border at Laredo, Tex., to the Canadian border north of Duluth, Minn.”

Now, usually when one refers to the size of something by referencing a football field, it’s the length that’s referenced — probably because it’s longer. Not to insult anyone’s math skills or knowledge of athletic surface dimensions, but that’s 480 yards (1440 feet). Wow. That pretty much puts I-35 in my front yard. Talk about imminent domain. I would venture to guess that this “super corridor” would require the largest land grab since... well, since we first grabbed up all the land.

Perhaps W and his oil baron cronies are diversifying into the concrete business.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dwardisimo Rex said...

Laughable urban legend? Perhaps. But it comes from his own staunch base. It kinda reminds me of the elevator into space

3:23 PM, July 06, 2006  
Blogger Dwardisimo Rex said...

You did realize that this super-road will probably raze the entire town of Wichita, didn't you?

4:29 PM, July 06, 2006  
Blogger LMMS said...

Greetings! Thought I would click on the link and see where I ended up, and I ended up here. How dare that @#$%^&*! look to deface Duluth? The bastard would take out 1/4 of Wisconin along the way!!

First, yes, be honered. I was toying with the idea of charity links and you were the kicker. And no, I don't mind being on 'the list' at all - actually flattered on a level. Hell, you like beer, appear to be sports minded, HATE the war as well as our 'leader', appreciate South Park (or at least the creators) and are an obvious liberal. I say, welcome! I dare say you could be a feature on my blog in the coming weeks.

7:53 PM, July 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home