Thursday, November 09, 2006

I love America.


And I love Americans. You know what else I love? Democracy. I have been disenchanted with the current administration’s foreign policy for quite some time — especially the cataclysmic Iraq war policy. But as it turns out, I’m not alone. On Tuesday, millions upon millions of my fellow Americans showed that they share my sentiments with a beautiful, textbook display of Democracy.

You see, in many (if not most) countries around the world, when the population is fed up with their leaders to the point where they demand change, the only option they have is to take to the streets in protest — usually to no avail. Typically protests turn violent and the controlling factions are forced to ratchet-up their oppression to squelch the resistance, if only to maintain order. The problem only compounds.

In this country, it doesn’t work that way. The majority of the citizens of this great nation are overwhelmingly unsatisfied with the Grand Chancellor’s behavior and his mishandling of the Iraq war. They are also not pleased with the corrupted, rubber stamp congress that has given him six long and painful years to drive the country into an unbelievable state of disrepair. Time for protest, right? Yes, only not in the streets but at the ballot box. On Tuesday, Americans took a major step toward reclaiming their country and their country’s honor by voting for a congressional overhaul. Thanks to peaceful and organized elections the corrupt Republican majority has been kicked to the curb and replaced with a Democratic party with an agenda for reform.

It’s great to live within a system that is self-correcting. A system that can fix it's self when it’s broken. The framers of this great democracy of ours were nothing short of brilliant.

Goddammit, I love America.

5 Comments:

Blogger poppersmoke said...

I actually stood up, removed my hat, and saluted your post.

3:01 PM, November 09, 2006  
Blogger Cheesy said...

Amen... brudder!

12:57 AM, November 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Although I am not at all one of the unsatisfied and would vote for Bush again if I could...nor was I happy with some of the election results (not all...I did vote for some liberals)...I love this post...because of the fact that it recognizes what is so awesome about this country and our freedoms. I love it when somebody actually recognizes that!

2:23 PM, November 13, 2006  
Blogger LMMS said...

Hey there,

Sorry about the absence. I plan to get back to things soon (or at least I hope). My move hasn't gone as smoothly as planned and I have so much that needs to be accomplished that it's scary. Not to mention that having the holidays right around the corner certainly isn't helping.

Hope that things are well with you...

1:55 PM, November 19, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Still, you have to admit that it would be easier to take to the streets with pitchforks and torches and physically remove him from his position of power.

If not easier, definitely more fun.

11:33 AM, December 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home