Tuesday, November 07, 2006


Emperor Bush paid a visit Pensacola yesterday to shore up votes for Republican Charlie Crist as he tries to defeat Democrat Jim Davis for the soon-to-be-vacated Governor's office. Much to Bush’s dismay, however, Crist declined to make an appearance. The White House just can’t understand why Crist would pass up the chance to align himself with a President that commands the approval of a whopping 38% of Americans. Hmm, go figure.

Anyway, Gee-dub wasn’t going to let the absence of the candidate he was there to support stop him from dispensing his daily dose of irresponsible mud-slinging. Seeing as though he really has nothing with any substance to say against the Democrats, he defaulted to his current favorite tactic — mind reading! (Or maybe it’s seeing into the future, I’m not sure which.) Anyway, to a packed house of hootin’ and hollerin’ supporters, Bush declared that the Democrats are going to raise taxes if they take control of congress. That’s some wicked-awesome fortune tellin’.

He went on to spout this one: "The Democrat philosophy is this: If it breathes, tax it, and if it stops breathing, find its children and tax them." Better to tax than to bomb, I say. Besides, how else are we going to pay to clean up his messes? Did he think he could drive the U.S. national debt up to $8.6 trillion and wage two wars and all would be forgiven? Defies logic, huh? It should come as no surprise though since he also claims that the Democrats are weaker than the Republicans when it comes to protecting America from terrorists — even though it’s under the Republican's watch that we’ve actually been at our weakest.

Well, anywho, it’s election day so if you haven’t voted, do so. If you’re a Republican, you need to vote tomorrow.

4 Comments:

Blogger Radioactive Tori said...

That last line cracked me up. I didn't vote (as you saw when you read my blog) and I don't have any future plans to do so unless some issue comes up that I feel really strongly about. We'll see, maybe I'll start reading here and actually form some opinions on all of this.

8:21 PM, November 07, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally know what you mean, r-girl. Such a bland moment in our country's history. Maybe something will come up that's more important than your governement waging two wars, undoing 700 years of legal precedence, thumbing its nose at international laws against human torture, spying on you, bludgeoning a historically strong economy into record debt, while using elected positions to sell political favors to the highest bidder. Oh well, maybe someday, some issue will come up that you feel really strongly about.

1:33 PM, November 08, 2006  
Blogger poppersmoke said...

Better to tax than to bomb. Then, once you've taxed, you can actually afford to bomb. That's just good economic sense.

1:37 PM, November 08, 2006  
Blogger Radioactive Tori said...

To clarify, I don't feel like I know enough about the issues to vote. What I meant to write above was "unless some issue comes up that I feel strongly that I know enough about". I chose not to vote because I would not want my uninformed opinion to sway the way things went. I would think people would be happy that I'm not just blindly voting and randomly cancelling out their votes.

I didn't say I don't think it's improtant to vote, didn't say I think things are bland at the moment, I said I am not choosing to vote. I think the distinction is important.

5:32 AM, November 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home